Monday, July 12, 2004

When it rains...

POI:Have you ever noticed that the proverbial "When it rains it pours," is sometimes so true that it is eerie. I don't put much stock in the typical sayings (knock on wood) or fleeting thoughts (in one ear and out the other). This raining and pouring though is all too true. For example, in the last couple of weeks I have seen a local church lose it's pastor, my best friend's dad fighting through cancer, and my own daily battles that I fight and struggle against. I know that life is not chirpping birds and roses...but this is ridiculous. As my great friend Jenay said today [paraphrased], "how much freakin' crap can a place go through."

Literally, I have seen more difficulty spring up in the lives of people around me then in many years. Now readers may differ in opinion, whether this is a matter of Karma, Murphy's Law, or Reaping and Sowing. However I have a different take on this...at times you get handed lemons and you have to make lemonade and at times you have to take those lemon's and go APE CRAP.

OK, so maybe that isn't the greatest example in the world, but what do you say when the world seems to blow up around you? I don't believe in Karma, Murphy's Law is an excuse people use to shirk responsibility, and Reaping and Sowing (though I believe in the principle) can cause too much drama in common, everyday life. You would eventually be looking around every corner for something to wack you or for your "ship to come in," not just living life as you have it today.

RAVE: (For those unaware, a rave is not to be confused with the dance crazed that swept the nation 6-8 years ago. A Rave is something that is so good it is worth be mentioned at DIDIH).
Buffalo Wild Wings (or for those from MNPS/St. Paul - BW3's) Great Wings, waitresses wear clothing, incredible sports bar atmosphere. If anyone wants a good sports bar to bring to a 20 something community, investigate the company. It'll bring it in. (See Stevens Point, Eau Claire, etc.)

I must keep this short but for all interested my friends Kirk & Amy Priest gave birth to Jackson Scott Priest this morning over in Germany. A large Daddy Salute to you.

Dig IT, Dig IT Hard



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home